- Overall length 69 inches, radiator 58 inches, matching stub 19 inches.
- SO-239 connector soldered on at point of lowest SWR
- Each J-Pole antenna is individually tested and tuned for optimum performance on the 2 meter band.
- The J-Pole antenna is tuned to 146MHZ and 445MHz (1.2:1 SWR or less at 146MHz and 1.5:1 or less at 445MHz).
- SWR is 1.4:1 or less throughout the entire 2 meter band.
I recently purchased a 2-meter dual band j-pole antenna from KB9VBR and installed it today. Installation was really easy; just two pipe clamps connecting the antenna to the flag pole. I am considering painting to j-pole for two reasons, 1) to protect it against the elements and 2) to conceal the fact the antenna is copper.
I decided to get back into using my amateur radio, so I thought I'd start off my installing a pole that I can attach my antenna to. I used a telescoping flag pole and attached it to my deck. I live on a hill, so the back deck (though its on the second level in the back) is actually even with the yard in the front yard. This pole allows the antenna to reach above the roof line.
I'll post an update once my new j-pole antenna arrives.